Sunday, April 19, 2009

Acceptance

I tried to hard. Why do we bend over backwards to try and kiss our own ass just to make someone like and accept us. What's worse is, we realize what's going own and try to change but end up going back to the way we were. How do you change? I know we've heard all the babble before. How about a way that doesn't make us feel guilty. First thing I learned was, leave religion out of it. I don't mean God, I mean religion. Religion has a was of twisting everything to its advantage. How else to you control people but by guilt and fear. Listen to your heart and head. Try to forget a lot of the stuff you have been taught. You will be surprise at how you grow when you give yourself permission to be yourself. If you can't remember what feeling like yourself is, it is not as lost as you have been lead to believe. You are there just under all the gunk and muck. I am not going to tell you it is an easy fix. It is a daily reminder you give yourself. What I tell myself is, if people don't like me it's not my fault. I can't control others. I gave that up. Some days it's difficult. Old habits are hard to break. The results are so worth it. I feel so much better. I have energy. I feel lighter. The point is, I am becoming me.

No comments: